Wednesday, June 12, 2013

becoming a blogger again

I used to have a blog.  Blogs, actually.

When I lived in New York, it was Lulled By The Train. That blog poured out of my soul as I lived in a city that inspired me just by walking out my front door to get a cup of coffee or pick up my dry cleaning. I fell in love with New York as I wrote that blog, and I fell in love with blogging and writing as I lived in New York.

When I moved to Atlanta, it was The Lovely Days. I wanted so badly to carry my life and, subsequently, my blog, to my life here, and it just never really worked out. I tried, but I just couldn't catch the rhythm.

And now, I find myself in a new season yet again. The city hasn't changed, but so much else of life has. I got married. I turned 30. Life and seasons and friendships are changing. People I love are moving across the country and having babies. Every day brings something new. I'm in a constant state of learning, transitioning and growing.

So I'm here, Becoming. Becoming a new creation. Becoming a wife and a 30-something and a part of a community. Someday, Lord willing, becoming a home owner and a mother to a puppy and even a mother to a human. As I become new things, I'm learning that it's not about checking boxes or to-do lists or tying things up with pretty ribbons. It's about what happens in the in between, about who you become while you're becoming something new.

I think a lot about who I want to become. I want to become someone who is full of calm and peace, no matter what the circumstances. I want to become someone insanely kind and scandalously grace-filled and contagiously joyful. I want to become someone who's not afraid of cooking, who's punctual and who laughs all the time and can run two miles without feeling like I'm going to die. I want to have a deeper, more intimate relationship with Christ, and I want that to spill into every other earthly relationship I have. Really, I just want to become more like Him.

So here's to a new step on the path of becoming who Christ made me to be - not out of effort or earning, but out of resting and abiding in the Spirit, being changed not from the outside in but from the inside out. And here's to what happens all along the way, which is beautiful too. 

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."
Phil. 1:6

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing your gift of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! I love you and I love your writing. I have missed reading your words and being inspired by them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie! Becoming a blogger again! YAAAY! ...I mean, that's no big deal...not excited at all...who cares?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you are back! I love when you post:) Please write a book one day! Your writing is my fav.

    ReplyDelete