Wednesday, July 24, 2013

life lately, in books


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9

I am a total bookworm, so for me, summer is not just lovely for vacations and rain sunshine, it's lovely for all the extra time cooped up inside in the rain on the beach and by the pool. 

So here's what I've been reading this summer.  The three books on the top row - Rules of Civility, Where'd You Go, Bernadette? and Bread & Wine were my favorites, by far... A+!  I also very much liked Beautiful Ruins for an epic, yet summery novel.

I'm in progress on Freefall to Fly and Beautiful Outlaw but am really enjoying both of these non-fiction Christian reads. Both thought-provoking and honest. Rebekah Lyons's writing is particularly beautiful.

I just started Revenge Wears Prada and can't commit, but I'm excited - I mean, a sequel to The Devil Wears Prada?! Woohoo!

Lastly, I didn't so much like How It All Began or While We Were Watching Downton Abbey. (My litmus test is whether I can't wait to pick up the book to keep reading, or if I can't wait for the book to be done so I can start a new one. These two fell in the second category.)

What have you been reading this summer?  Anything to add to my reading list for August?  

1 comment:

  1. I just read Rules of Civility, too, and it is one of the best books I've read in so long -- I loved it! Excited to check out these other recommendations. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete