Thursday, July 4, 2013

life lately, in pictures

Happy 4th of July!

I'm sitting in our living room, drinking coffee, watching Wimbledon. We were supposed to go to the lake today, but the 100% chance of rain in Atlanta foiled our plans. Jayson and I may just make it a movie marathon day instead. :)

Our rainy holiday aside, summer has been in full force over the last month. In June, I went to the beach with girl friends to celebrate my dear friend Laura's 30th birthday.  We ate our weight in homemade salsa and cookies, sat on the beach from sun-up to sun-down, enjoyed a frozen concoction known simply as "Slush," laughed, danced, read, slept and played charades.




This week was also's Jayson's birthday. Hooray! We started the celebration with dinner and dessert with my mom on Sunday. She was so sweet to take us to Ecco (one of our favs) and Intermezzo.




On Jayson's actual birthday, he had a meeting at Chick-fil-A, so we planned a little birthday lunch with friends. I surprised him with a cake and made him sit through us singing "Happy Birthday" to him in the Cafe. 



And finally, for our birthday celebration, Jayson and I went to Kevin Rathbun Steak. We had one of the best meals of our life, but most of all, it was fun to celebrate together, reminisce about Jayson's birthday last year (we were 24 days away from our wedding), and just have fun on a special date night together.



So, that's life lately! I'm pretty grouchy about the rain today, but I'm reminded how much I have to be grateful for - sweet, fun friends, a generous, loving family, and an amazing, sweet husband. 
Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment